You Already Belong. You Just Need to Join.
The Y has everything you want and more. Choose from classes and programs for every member of your family – all under one roof. From babysitting services to kids’ activities to the latest in fitness classes and incredible fitness spaces, you’ll find an active and enthusiastic community ready to welcome you. Stop by and learn more today or join online!
In addition to access to our facilities, indoor pool, gymnasium and fitness centers where you can connect, spend more time together and keep active membership provides these additional benefits:
Benefits For You
- Complimentary group fitness classes: Your membership includes many of today’s latest fitness classes all in one place with knowledgeable fitness instructors including yoga, strength training, cardio classes, Zumba, and cycling.
- Access to the Y in Orange(in OIC building)
- Discounts on personal training: discounts on personal training packages with certified personal trainers to keep you on track.
- Unlimited access to fitness spaces: Reduced program pricing: Deeper discounts on pricing for specialty fitness classes (BBC Group Training)
- Visit any YMCA nationwide: Visit any YMCA outside your home Y nationwide for free.
- Birthday Party Discount: Special birthday party pricing for each child on your membership, each year.
- Reduced program pricing: Deeper discounts on pricing for swim lessons, sports leagues and more!
Membership Restrictions Policy
Membership Restrictions Policy: The protection of members and guests who are participating in programs or are using YMCA facilities is of paramount concern to the staff of Athol Area YMCA. We routinely check a national sex offender database in conjunction with our membership database. We reserve the right to deny access or membership to any person who: Is a registered sexual offender, Has pled guilty to or been convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, Has pled guilty to or been convicted of any crime, against persons such as a child, spouse or parent.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT: The Y is committed to providing a safe, caring, healthy and respectful environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, all individuals are asked to act appropriately at all times when in our facility and or participating in our programs. We expect persons using the Y to act maturely, to behave responsibly, and to respect the rights and dignity of others. The following conduct can lead to suspension or termination of membership:
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, in Y vehicles or at Y sponsored programs or events.
- Carrying or concealing a weapon or any device or object that may be used as a weapon. Harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language or any type of menacing behavior.
- Physical contact with another person in an angry, aggressive or threatening way.
- Verbally abusive behavior, including angry or vulgar language, swearing, name-calling or shouting.
- Sexually explicit conversation or behavior. Any sexual contact with another person.
- Inappropriate, immodest or sexually revealing attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction or loss of property.
- Loitering or smoking within or on the grounds of the Y. Members and guests are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior.
Anyone who feels uncomfortable in confronting a person directly should report the behavior to a staff person or the building supervisor on duty.