Everyone belongs at the Y!
The Athol Area YMCA is a non-profit, charitable organization committed to helping people to become their better selves – in spirit, mind and body.
We believe that our programs and services should be available to everyone — all ages, backgrounds, abilities and incomes.
We strive to serve the entire community by providing financial assistance based on individual need. This is made possible by charitable donations made to the YMCA by friends and members through our annual campaign. 100% of donations made to the Y help support kids, adults and families in our communities.
Financial assistance may be granted based on the need demonstrated by income and/or ability to pay.
The amount of sponsorship that applicants qualify for is determined by a sliding-fee scale. We will periodically review this scale so that we are able to provide assistance to individuals and families in need. The amount of sponsorship is set both by need and the resources of the Athol Area YMCA.
Financial Sponsorship Policy
The Athol Area YMCA provides financial sponsorship to qualified applicants based on the following criteria:
- That applicants qualify for sponsorship based on household income and family size.
- That applicants reapply for sponsorship on an annual basis.
- That applicants meet all financial agreements set forth in the sponsorship.
- Complete attached financial sponsorship application fully.
- Must provide proper written documentation of all (“household”) income sources including a month’s worth of pay stubs showing year-to-date pay and/or any public assistance statements.
- Attach a copy of your most recent tax return (IRS form 1040)
- Turn all documents in to the YMCA. Notification of acceptance will be mailed to you.
To learn more, download the application (PDF) or ask Member Services for more information.