COVID-19 Updated Procedures
Maybe you are nervous to come in and workout, maybe you are excited to come back to work out…Here are some things that we are doing to keep everyone safe and healthy while at the Y.
1. All people that head in past our lobby must fill out a health questionnaire
2. Temperature checks for all who enter as well
3. Appointments for folks in private/semi private rooms(wellness center and Y in Orange)Masks must be worn when 14 feet of distance cannot be ensured.
4. All participants will grab a spray bottle
5. Group fitness classes now have a bay system in place. This means back to back classes will alternate sides of the gym to ensure proper cleaning can happen. (Bay 1 near side and Bay 2 far side)
6. Equipment being wiped down at the conclusion of class by participants. Staff will also be cleaning equipment as well as the floor prior to that Bay being used again.
7. Locker rooms remain closed to participants other than swimmers at this time. Family changing rooms can be used for restrooms and changing areas
8. Machines are sanitized in between appointments with a 15 minute block between appointments.
9. Masks are to be worn through the building until you get to your workout area. Then they are able to be removed. In classes please bring everything(water and equipment) to your square before removing your mask.
10. There is a deep cleaning every evening of touch points(door handles, railings and floors throughout the building.
11. We are investing in extra staff. We have more custodial staff and more fitness floor staff ensuring cleaning is being taken to the highest level for your safety.
12. We are asking class participants to bring their own mats in for class to limit exposure risk.
We know that your safety and well being are important. We hope that our community can help share these measures that we are taking to provide a safe atmosphere for all that come in our facilities. We hope that our members and our community can help us spread the word with all that we are doing to keep our community healthy!